When it comes to maintaining the beauty of your home, it is not enough to just clean the inside. It is also important to take care of your yard or lawn, as that is what other people see first. Aside from cleaning, you also need to make sure that the plants are healthy and the grass is always trimmed.
But, what would you do when the usual tools like lawn mowers cannot do the job well? For instance, if you have an irregular landscape or your yard is located on a rocky hillside, then a lawn mower will really not suffice. What you would need is a string trimmer for a neat and well-kept lawn.
A string trimmer is a gardening tool that is used to cut grass and other plants that are placed near other objects. It is also used to trim grass on an irregular terrain or steep ground, such as a rocky hillside.
A string trimmer is also made up of a long shaft, a handle, and a cutting tip at the end. Instead of the usual blade found in lawn mowers, string trimmers use a flexible monofilament line for cutting. A monofilament line is actually a fishing line that is made from one fiber of plastic.
An example of such product is the DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer. The company, founded by Raymond Dewalt, has been in the business since 1924. They have a huge range of tools, including power tools, hand tools, accessories, and outdoor equipment used on the job site.
This string trimmer is said to make gardening and cutting grass easier. With this high powered tool, cleaning and maintaining the yard will be done in no time. You may want to consider Dewalt’s DCST920P1 String Trimmer for your household needs as it has a lot of great features that are listed out below.
DEWALT DCST920P1 Brushless String Trimmer
So what exactly do you get with the Dewalt’s DCST920P1 String Trimmer?
- It has a brushless motor, which maximizes durability and motor efficiency.
- It features dual 0.080” line as well as a 13” cutting swath.
- It has dimensions of 8.75 x 10.94 x 67.81 inches.
- It has a variable trigger equipped with speed control.
- It has a unique gear drive design that is patented.
- It has an auxiliary handle and guard.
- It includes a 20V MAX 5 Ah Lithium-ion Battery, as well as a charger.
- It is compact and lightweight, weighing only 14 pounds.
- It is built to power through tough
- It is easy to maintain as it does not have carburetors, spark plugs, and air filters.
- It does not make use of gas, so you can take advantage of its power without the harmful fumes.
- It starts and stops instantly just by pulling the trigger.
- It does not make too much noise and is so much lighter than a gas-powered grass trimmer.
- The battery life is impressive.
- It has a great quality and works best on high power setting.
- It is quick and easy to assemble.
- It has an extra long handle, which makes it easier to reach cut grass and weed in hard to reach areas such as under the bushes and trees with drooping branches.
- It is more expensive compared to other string trimmers in the market.
- It does not have any edger
- The handle is not adjustable, which makes it difficult for people less than 6 feet to use it.
- The rock guards could have been better because it tends to fling a lot of debris and other things while being used.
The DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer is a nice product to consider, especially if you are looking for a high-quality trimmer with a professional feel.
With this trimmer, you can certainly notice the significant difference in terms of the cutting power of the low power and the high power settings. The high setting is recommended as the string can undoubtedly cut through all sorts of weeds and grass. On the other hand, the low setting is a little weak in terms of performance.
When it comes to operation, it can certainly do a job well done. However, one downside is that the battery will quickly get drained due to the use of high power settings.
Another thing to consider is the price. The DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer is a little on the expensive side, which is unfortunate, because there are other string trimmers that are more powerful and more versatile, which you can get at almost the same price.
Overall, if there are no issues with the budget, it is still a great product to be considered. It would also make sense to get this string trimmer if you own other Dewalt products that are included in the 20V Max line. After all, Dewalt is still one of the names that you can trust when it comes to these kinds of products.